Position : Senior BIM Modeler
Department : Building Services
We are looking for a dynamic team member who will be responsible of the management and the production of MEP building services design and shop drawing projects. This role requires both management and modeling skills. Role will require significant involvement in the model building process and will need to be fluent in architectural and MEP modeling using Revit. The candidate will need to establish BIM processes, planning, project execution plans and training needed for other team members.
- Work within an existing design team to develop Revit/BIM offering from traditional processes, through multiple stages and activities of a building project through Concept, Design and Co-Ordination.
- Assist (with other resources) development and creation of BIM and parametric libraries for use during design stages.
- Be at the forefront of development and implementation of Field BIM.
- Provides hands-on BIM and REVIT experience to the modeling process.
- Act as the first line person for support and will be responsible for BIM/ REVIT Coordination.
- Implement BIM / REVIT and Drafting Standards
- Create and Manage the drawing list and the organization of sheets within the BIM/ REVIT Models.
- Create and Manage the printing process.
- Create and Manage he exporting/ importing process.
- Manage the project template.
- Sets up new CAD drawings and Revit models and maintains file structure for projects.
- Works with project managers and technical design staff to prepare drawing documentation.
- Publishes, posts, and manages drawing sets.
- Assists other staff with CAD and Revit issues and mentors design staff in Design Technology systems use.
- Able to demonstrate leadership skills required to mentor and train more junior team members.
- Adds insight and makes recommendations to add efficiencies and value to CAD and BIM production.
- Increases technical and project knowledge by proactively identifying and participating in training opportunities.
- Attends in-house project meetings and external meetings.
- Assist and develop self-skills necessary to deliver 4D Navisworks simulation.
- Capable of managing complex building projects and file management.
- 10 years of hands-on BIM project delivery experience
- Expert in the following: Autodesk Revit, Navisworks,
- Extensive knowledge and experience in BIM delivery.
- Knowledge and experience of industry practices and collaboration workflows.
- Sound knowledge of various BIM standards.
- Knowledge of BIM project lifecycle and understanding of QTO requirements.
- Extensive experience in Revit and Navisworks is a prerequisite
- Good technical knowledge of practice in Building Services Engineering.
- Expert in multi-disciplinary coordination and shop drawing production at different levels; LOD 300,350,400, and 600)
- Familiarity with delivering projects in the UAE for at least 6 years.
- Be converse and demonstrate a working knowledge and familiarity of Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD MEP and AutoCAD Architecture
- Have high level ability and understanding in order to construct and manage parametric Revit components with understanding of families and data management
- Bachelors relevant Degree or Diploma in engineering.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken (as working in western orientated practice and colleagues).
- Ability to take ownership and think and act in a standalone manner.
- Based in UAE.